Wednesday, January 9, 2013
You Live and You Learn
- Two car garage. Parking our cars in the driveway is getting pretty darn old.
- A bigger kitchen. The Bung kitchen is tight with two of us. Add in some kiddos in the future, and the kitchen will be a bit crowded. I also tend to make a giant mess when I’m cooking and I could use the extra room to sprawl out.
- A second living space. Hosting football parties proves to be problematic when your only choice is the living room, which only seats 5 people comfortably, and maybe 10 with extra chairs. Also, I need somewhere to watch Grey's Anatomy in peace.
- A fireplace. This is just me being vain, but I would really like one.
- Newer windows. Although our original windows look pretty, they are mighty drafty.
Then there are the things that I can’t live without thanks to the Bung.
- Walk in closet. I’ve had one my whole life (minus the 9 months I spent in the dorms). I am a total spoiled brat about it. Finding a walk in closet in a 1924 house was just short of a miracle.
- Gas stove. How did I live before?
- Original wood floors. A must if you’re buying an old house, which we most likely will do again for our next house.
- A master bedroom. One of the things that sold me on our house was our giant bedroom that’s equipped to handle our king sized bed, and the en suite bathroom is so necessary for middle of the night bathroom trips.
What are your must have can't live without items in your house/apartment? What can't wait to have in your next place?
at 8:00 AM