I’ve learned recently that breakfast is super important. But, I like to make sure I spend every last second I can in bed before heading to work. That makes making breakfast a little problematic.
Enter the liquid breakfast! (No, it doesn’t involve alcohol, although I wish it did)
1. First I chug a glass of the orange flavor of Metamucil. That junk expands in your stomach making you feel fuller. It doesn’t taste the best, but it gets the job done. And fiber is important for weight loss.
2. I use my BlenderBottle Sport (in lime green, of course) for my shakes. It has that cute little wire ball that breaks up all the chunks.
3. Then I load that sucker up with Jay Robb’s 100% Whey protein powder. It’s the first non-chalky protein powder I’ve found. And it’s made without the synthetic hormones that are found in most protein powders. I mix mine with water, it tastes a lot smoother with milk but I don’t like the extra calories.
4. Feel like getting fancy? I throw some PB2 in and give it a good shake. It tastes just like regular peanut butter, but with only 45 calories and 1.5g of fat. Now drink your shake that tastes like a Reeses peanut butter cup. I usually suck my down during my commute.
5. Once I get to work, I become an British lady and have “tea time”. Tea is full of antioxidants, and more importantly, black tea has CAFFIENE. I start with a Tazo Awake blend and then follow that with Earl Grey. If I’m really dragging, I’ll have another Awake after that.
And there you have it! A liquid breakfast that gives you a kick start to your day. The Metamucil + the shake lasts me from about 7:45 to 10:30 AM before I get hungry again. That’s pretty darn good for a liquid breakfast.
What is your breakfast routine?