Start with your normal skincare routine. You should be following AT LEAST a three step program. I use Murad's Acne Complex System. (p.s. if you are an adult that still struggles with acne, this is the product that FINALLY cleared up my stubborn acne!)
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Oil-Free Primer: A must have. Without a proper base, your makeup will be rubbing off by noon.
2. Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer: The perfect full coverage concealer with no creasing.
3. Clinique Even Better Liquid Foundation: This foundation is oil-free and contains SPF 15. Also, it evens out your skin tone.
4. Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder: I use the "Invisible Matte" shade to set my makeup without adding additional coverage.
5. Benefit Hoola Pressed Powder: THE best bronzer I have ever found. It's natural looking and doesn't contain any of that shimmery nonsense.
6. NARS Blush in Orgasm: The much hyped blush that looks good on every skin tone. No seriously, it does. It's like magic.
7. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion: I've tried every eye shadow primer out there, and I keep coming back to this one. It keeps my eye shadow from creasing for about 9-10 hours.
8. NARS Single Eye Shadow in Ondine: This is my everyday color. It's light enough to look casual, but with a hint of shimmer and smokiness, it can easily transition into a nighttime shade as well.
9. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Perversion: The only eyeliner I have found that doesn't make me look like a raccoon by the end of the day. For a nighttime look, I smudge a little Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Blackout around the corners of my eyes.
10. Benefit They're Real! Mascara: This mascara adds length and volume all while maintaining that separated, feathered lash look. And once it's on? It doesn't budge, even though it's not waterproof.
And voila! You have a daytime look that will stay flawless all day. I usually just slick on a little Rosebud Salve and head out the door. Do you have any products you'd like to recommend? Any tips or tricks I need to know?